Sunday, December 2, 2012

C4T Summary #4

In Mr. Will Richardson's Blog, Read. Write. Connect. Learn., He posted a quote from Jaron Lanier:

Roughly speaking, there are two ways to use computers in the classroom. You can have them measure and represent the students and the teachers, or you can have the class build a virtual spaceship. Right now the first way is ubiquitous, but the virtual spaceships are being built only by tenacious oddballs in unusual circumstances. More spaceships, please.

My Comment: I really like this post. I am a senior in College and have used computers since I was in Kindergarten, but it was never more than just playing a game or writing a paper. Now, I am learning all of these new ways to teach using technology and it is mind blowing. I can not believe what can already be done, but i can not wait to see what will be possible in the future.

In another post I read he posted another quote.

Roger Schank:
But learning happens when someone wants to learn, not when someone wants to teach.
He then said, "Um, exactly."

My comment: I completely agree. Too many times teachers are accused of not doing their jobs. Granted some may not do it effectively, however, the child must want to learn what the teacher is trying to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment